- Status of the reactors: JAIF, Japanese Atomic Industrial Forum: http://www.jaif.or.jp/english/
- Radiation status in Japan: http://www.bousai.ne.jp/eng/speedi/pref.php?id=08
- Radiation status in Finland: http://www.yle.fi/tekstitv/images/P867_02.gif
- Becquerel is counts per second (particles/photons)
- A 1 GW coal plant releases radioactive stuff in a year that produce 10⁸ becquerels.
- Gray is absorbed amount.
- 2-5 gray, 50% chance of death
- Sievert takes into account biological sensitivity to different radiation types.
- 10 microsieverts, daily maximum dose
- 1 sievert, 50% chance of death
Current radiation levels at the time of writing in Japan about one microgray per hour. In Finland around 0.1 microsieverts per hour, this is normal. Neither is dangerous.